Offered for the first time in almost 30 years, this tightly held keeper, with its picket fence street appeal, is a rare find. The opportunity for creating an idyllic mountain escape and embracing the accompanying lifestyle is evident. Perfectly positioned in a whisper quiet enclave and screened from neighbouring properties, it is still conveniently close to Wentworth Village cafes and its array of boutique gift shops.
The entrance porch opens into a combined living/dining area, warmed by a slow combustion wood fire, and features sliding patio doors out to a small rear deck. Backing onto bushland, the master bedroom enjoys private garden views and also has wall-to-wall mirrored built-ins. The kitchen and bathroom have both retained their original decor but once again are generously proportioned. High ceilings throughout give this cottage an added sense of space and ample natural light bathes the interiors.
Nestled amongst established trees, this home is presented in turn of century style leaving plenty of scope for a contemporary upgrade or a full extended renovation (STCA) depending on individual preferences. A practical layout offers immediate comfortable living, allowing time for plans to be worked on in their initial stages. The Avenue is positioned metres from the iconic Wentworth Falls waterfall and the recently refurbished Overcliff & Undercliff walking tracks.
Summary of Features:
– Sought-after location, immediate access to the iconic Wentworth Falls
– Exciting opp. for contemporary overhaul & creation of an idyllic mountain retreat
– Original fibre cottage with slow combustion fire & attractive high ceilings
– Combined living/dining out to rear deck; spacious kitchen with gas cooking
– Practical bathroom with corner spa; internal laundry with external access
– Two well proportioned bedrooms, rear with bush outlook and wall-to-wall B/Ins
– Single carport, 3 min drive to village cafes, shops, local school & city train links
- 2 bed
- 1 bath
- 1 Parking Spaces
- Land is 553 m²