Discover ‘Gwandalan’, a charming 1960s three-bedroom bungalow nestled in a peaceful cul-de-sac in Faulconbridge. Set on a generous 2240 sqm block, the sprawling, bushland-fringed grounds and leafy views create an idyllic escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
The home, a quintessential mid-century, blonde-brick design, retains original features. The spacious, sunlit living room, with a sandstone fireplace and gas heater, leads to a dining area and an inviting elevated outdoor patio.
The kitchen, a delightful mix of Formica, wood, and stainless steel, boasts ample storage, complemented by an adjoining sunroom and a large laundry. Bedrooms with built-in wardrobes overlook the garden and the original bathroom, retro in lilac, adds a special appeal.
The outdoor space includes bush gardens with meandering paths, pergolas, a stone well and a versatile studio space, suitable for a home office or artistic pursuits. Multiple sheds and carports provide practical utility and drive-through parking accommodates vehicles, including a van, trailer or boat.
The property offers views of the Blue Mountains National Park from its rocky escarpment. ‘Gwandalan’ ensures privacy yet remains close to amenities, being a mere 500m from Faulconbridge train station. By car, the Springwood town centre is just a few minutes away with restaurants, cafes and shops to enjoy together with schools and cultural attractions like the Norman Lindsay Gallery and Sir Henry Parkes Victory Track, just moments from home.
Gwandalan is not only a home, but a lifestyle offering. With vast grounds and potential for creative enhancement, this property presents a unique opportunity to own a haven of tranquillity, blending the charm of the past with the convenience of today.
Summary of features:
– Family home with plenty of original character and vintage features
– Set on a large 2240sqm block, conveniently located in a peaceful pocket
– Practical floor plan with spacious living, dining and kitchen
– Three bedrooms all with built-in wardrobes, ample storage throughout
– Original bathroom and a separate WC, sunroom and internal laundry
– Freestanding studio, additional storage and garden sheds
– Maintain original character or excellent scope to transform this home
– Close walk to train station & 3 min drive to Springwood cafes and shops
- 3 bed
- 1 bath
- 1 Parking Spaces
- Land is 2,240 m²