With the advantage of being set across two titles, this sun-dappled modernist home is a stunning offering. The Amigo House, designed by architect John Pinter in 1963, is a significant example of the ‘Sydney School’ of mid-century modern architecture. Renovated to maintain its original design, it showcases Pinter’s innovative approach and seamless integration of modernist elements with the natural surroundings, captivating architecture enthusiasts with its timeless beauty and contribution to Sydney’s architectural heritage.
Open plan interiors showcase trademark mid-century ceiling height picture windows. The living area is graced by a feature open fireplace and flows into the gas kitchen with its generous storage capacity.
Whilst the second bedroom is well proportioned, and all spaces have built-in wardrobes, the master is in a league of its own, measuring 6 x 3m with the additional advantage of an adjacent dedicated study room. The current laundry could quite easily be repurposed as a luxury ensuite, whilst the main bathroom has the practical separation of the WC. Leading out from both bedrooms, an expansive patio enjoys a direct northerly aspect. Nestled in nature, there is a seating area, utility shed to the rear and manicured lawns to the fore.
With the Victory Theatre Cafe and local shops only a 1.4km walk away, and only 1.7km to Blackheath train station there is no denying this home is in a position of convenience whilst at the same time enjoying the supreme serenity of being positioned just metres from the bush. This home ticks so many boxes and owns its unique character boldly. Make haste to inspect if you do not want to miss out.
Summary of Features:
– Architecturally designed by well known architect & designer, John Pinter
– Possible opportunity to sell off separate block of land (STCA)
– Exciting post war mid-century design with an abundance of natural light
– Open plan living, dining and gas kitchen with high ceilings & multiple windows
– Immaculately presented main bathroom with separate practical WC
– Both bedrooms & adjacent study with BIWs; bedrooms open out to huge deck
– Wall heaters and central living area with feature open fire place & brick hearth
– Beautiful alfresco entertaining deck with dedicated seating space & utility shed
– Well planned gardens with meandering bush aesthetic to rear & lawns to fore
– Convenient 2 minute drive or 1.4km walk to shops & 1.7km from city train
- 2 bed
- 1 bath
- 1 Parking Spaces
- Land is 2,647 m²