Occupying a supremely convenient position, this freshly upgraded period mountain home has plenty of character and charm. Within an easy stroll of Katoomba town and all its amenities, Echo Point and surrounding iconic walks, this home offers immediate comfort and the promise of an easy going mountain lifestyle.
With freshly painted exteriors and interiors, new weatherboard and insulation, new roof and guttering, you can be confident that this home will be offering protection though the changing seasons. Recently installed solar panels will also ensure that those utility bills are kept under control.
The charm of yesteryear has been retained with original floorboards, high ceilings, timber panel details, sash windows and period light fittings. The lounge room has a workable fireplace as well as a gas bayonet option. The adjacent dining room sports the original aga-style wood fire oven and another gas bayonet option.
Both bedrooms are well proportioned and the generously sized sunroom has mutiple sliding windows. Sitting here and enjoying the morning sun will set anyone up for a great day. Positioned to the rear, the bathroom is neatly presented with its original suite and whilst the kitchen has had an upgrade there is still plenty of scope to reconfigure and create a truly inspired cooking space.
Additional features to note are the practical 2nd WC in the separate laundry, the single lockup garage with great storage capacity and the level manageable sized garden. For those with green fingers, this space will be an absolute delight to dive into and create a personal haven. This home is a great find.
Summary of Features:
– Attractive retained period features: high ceilings, original floors, sash windows
– New weatherboards & insulation; new roof & guttering; recent solar panels
– Freshly painted exteriors/interiors; attractive period light-fittings; new blinds
– Formal lounge room with original wood detail, workable fireplace, gas bayonet
– Fabulous light-filled sunroom; original working aga-style oven in dining room
– Two large bedrooms; picture rails throughout; original bathroom with o/h shower
– Kitchen to rear, with scope to further contemporise; ext. laundry with 2nd WC
– Stand alone garage with pitched ceiling and additional storage across rafters
– Neat level gardens; exciting potential for those with horticultural preferences
– Excellent position within easy walking of cafes, RSL, Echo Point & town centre
- 2 bed
- 1 bath
- 1 Parking Spaces
- Land is 565 m²
- Floor Area is 104 m²
- 2 Toilet
- Open Parking Spaces