Set on a magnificent sized block, this period home showcases all the hallmarks of yesteryear living. Positioned on the high side of the road, it is surrounded by expansive gardens that give exciting scope for the full realisation of their potential. This is a home that will be a superb mountain retreat offering a sought after lifestyle.
The central verandah, has french doors opening into a wide welcoming hallway and two other sets leading out from the formal living area and the master bedroom. High ceilings with panelled detail, wood lined walls, original timber floorboards and attractive leadlight feature windows all add to the historic ambience.
Three bedrooms leading off the hallway are well proportioned, with the master boasting a deep bay window seat and beautiful coloured leadlight detail. Moving down the hallway, the generous formal living and dining room offers private views over the front garden and is warmed by a slow combustion wood fire.
The bathroom has been gently upgraded whilst leaving plenty of scope to renovate in comtemporary style as with the kitchen. An original aga, a vintage cool box and an enamel sink pay homage to earlier years but it is comfortable and functional with space for eating in.
A double lockup garage with studio above and a separate workshop, with incorporated laundry, have been designed in the same style of the home with high ceilings and georgian windows. The gardens have meandering pathways, majestic trees and a plethora of flowering trees, shrubs and ground cover. It is a wonderland, within minutes of the village, with a series of various garden rooms waiting to be brought back to their former glory.
Summary of Features:
– Endearing period home set forward on a magnificent 3,313sqm parcel of land
– Exciting scope to embark on a sympathetic restoration of a superb family abode
– Original retained features include panelled ceilings, agar, floorboards, leadlights
– Central verandah, wide hallways, formal living/dining, slow combustion wood fire
– Master bedroom with bay window seating & attractive leadlight windows
– Functional kitchen with classic AGA, original cool box, servery hatch, enamel sink
– Upgraded bathroom with scope to contemporise; ducted heating throughout
– Dedicated study; studio above double lockup garage; separate workshop/laundry
– Sprawling gardens with meandering pathways; exciting scope for developing
– Easy stroll to village cafes, shops & city train links; close to lake & golf cours
- 4 bed
- 1 bath
- 2 Parking Spaces
- Land is 3,313 m²
- 2 Garage