Truly unlike any other, this home with its passive solar design, offers deceptively spacious proportions from the outset. Award-winning architect Ian Sercombe, renowned for energy-efficient design and use of strawbale and low toxicity materials, has crafted Streeton House to seamlessly blend character with recycled elements, creating an inviting point of difference.
The breath-taking main living area was modelled on the chamber music room at Longacres in Olinda, Victoria, which Australian painter Arthur Streeton built for his concert violinist wife, Nora Clench. The globally successful Streeton Trio has graced this space with unforgettable performances. With its soaring 5.5 metre high ceilings purposely designed for incredible acoustics, it seats up to 100 guests.
Thoughtfully set back from the road, this home enjoys ultimate privacy within. Nestled on an expansive 1,840sqm block adjacent to crown land and national park, it presents breathtaking views across to Mount Solitary. Immerse yourself in nature, with a nearby bush track leading to Wentworth Falls in 10 minutes. The north facing central courtyard, accessible from the open plan living, dining and kitchen, features elegant granite counters and a versatile island bench.
Discover comfort in the generously proportioned bedrooms branching off the hallway. Indulge in stylish bathrooms that offer a rainwater shower or relaxing claw foot bathtub, both with underfloor heating. Noteworthy features include switchable 10,000 litre water tanks, a solar power system with a Tesla battery, and a secure double carport. Make inspection of this eco-home, which showcases dedication to a greener future, a priority.
Summary of Features:
– Passive solar design, sustainable strawbale materials, architectural marvel
– Secluded on an expansive 1,840sqm block with views of Mount Solitary
– Purpose built main living area with 5.5 metre ceilings and incredible acoustics
– Grid-interactive solar power system, Tesla battery; water tank stand alone supply
– Rare New Zealand Rimu flooring with low toxicity finish
– Two stylish bathrooms, underfloor heating, rainwater shower and claw foot bath
– Open plan kitchen with granite top island benchtop, connected to central courtyard
– Relaxed entertaining to rear, outdoor pizza oven, surrounded by native bush
– Low-maintenance gardens with raised veggie beds, chook shed, firewood store
– Direct bush track access to Wentworth Falls; 4 min drive to village & trains
- 4 bed
- 2 bath
- 2 Parking Spaces
- Land is 1,840 m²
- Floor Area is 200 m²
- 2 Carport
- 2 Open Parking Spaces