Set privately back from the road, this mid-century brick residence is positioned in a well sought after pocket of South Katoomba, metres from the escarpment and its many iconic walking tracks and world class lookouts. Offering versatile living spaces, dual street entry and multiple parking this level block offers an easy care package along with exciting scope for future enhancement.
This three bedroom home is a surprisingly spacious and naturally light-filled mountain sanctuary. Positioned within easy walking distance of Cahill’s Lookout, Narrowneck Lookout and Landslide Lookout, one will be spoilt for choice when deciding on a morning or afternoon stroll. The sunsets at Cahill’s are spectacular and the breathtaking Phantom Falls phenomena can be readily observed from Narrowneck.
With a functional floor plan there is space to spread out with easy access to rear and fore entertaining areas. A renovated bathroom provides immediate comfort and the kitchen is neatly functional with exciting scope for a contemporary upgrade. The adjoining living area has high period ceilings and wooden floors have been retained throughout.
Warmed by gas heating, a slow combustion wood fire and an enormous open fire in the open plan kitchen/living area, this is a home that will make mountain winters a truly enjoyable season. Of the three bedrooms equally filled with natural light, two have built-in wardrobes. Additional features to note are the additional sunroom/study , internal laundry and dual carport with rear access from Cedar Street. Offering immediate comfort, this home is not only perfect for those starting out or downsizing, it also offers a brilliant opportunity for those looking towards building their investment portfolio or wishing to find the perfect spot to further extend (STCA).
Summary of Features:
– Mid-century brick home positioned in revered south side escarpement location
– Dual entrance level block affording privacy and low maintenance gardens
– Spacious open plan living & kitchen with period high ceilings & open fireplace
– Formal lounge and dining with feature brick walls; slow combustion wood fire
– Three light-filled bedrooms, two with built-in robes; additional sunroom/study
– Dual carport with entry from rear; internal laundry; gas heating
– Original floorboards; sleek & contemporary bathroom; scope to capitalise
– 7 min drive to train links; 20 min walk to sensational sunsets at Cahill’s Lookout