When one of Katoomba’s ‘charming damsels’ comes onto the market there always seems to be a collective sigh for all the grand and sometimes quirky features of yesteryear. This one garners the same feeling. The soaring decorative ceilings, original timber floorboards and introduced feature lead light windows all assist in taking a step back in time. For those that love the challenge of bringing character homes back to their full glory blended with contemporary aesthetics, this is a golden opportunity.
This home will offer immediate comfort with a unique and fully functional kitchen and renovated heritage tiled bathroom with freestanding claw foot bath and integrated laundry facilities. Three bedrooms offer plenty of space. The master and formal lounge have original fireplaces with ornamental tiling, soaring decorative plaster ceilings and sash windows.
To the rear of the property, there is a second living/dining area that opens out to a covered entertaining deck. From its elevated perspective there is a view through a fabulous home produce garden, based on permaculture principles. The garden is divided by dry stone walls with raised vegetable beds where perennial herbs and edible flowers can also be found.
There is an array of native and exotic plants interspersed with approximately ten varieties of fruit trees. Enjoy potatoes, rhubard, figs, almonds, plums, lemons, apricots, apples and blueberries through the seasons. There are also two ponds to the fore, one from which you can hear the sound of trickling water. The home enjoys a lovely view to the south being elevated at the top of the street and views to Mount Solitary could be realised through a second level extension if granted (STCA). This home is a truly original delight that eagerly awaits its new owner.
Summary of Features:
– Retained period features; decorative high ceilings, timber floors & fireplaces
– Generously proportioned formal living room; second living area to rear
– Three spacious bedrooms with scope to introduce ample built-in storage
– Unique mountain kitchen with original cast iron sink & lead light features
– Renovated tessellated and subway tiled bathroom with claw foot bath tub
– Rear living leading out to elevated deck, overlooking vegetable & fruit garden
– Permaculture garden principles; multiple fruit trees, exotic flora & 2 ponds
– Excellent position midway between all the amenities of Leura & Katoomba
- 3 bed
- 1 bath
- 1 Parking Spaces
- Land is 627 m²
- Open Parking Spaces