Displaying quaint mid-century modernism, this home is an exciting opportunity to secure a cosy original with a few iconic period features. With its simple sophisticated lines and large windows, there are verdant views to be enjoyed from multiple angles. On arrival, a beautifully cultivated garden displays magnificent foliage and an endearing brick wishing well.
Styled with a minimalist aesthetic, the light-filled lounge room boasts an open fire with brick surround and flows into a kitsch 1950s style kitchen. Adjacent to this is the typical mint hued retro bathroom suite, well presented in original form and offering immediate comfort. A reverse cycle air conditioning wall unit will add warm or cool air flow throughout this cosy home when needed through the changing seasons. The bedroom is situated to the fore with large windows and an original built-in wardrobe.
Opening out to the rear entertaining deck and expansive lawn, with practical rear access from Old Bathurst Road, there is also a freshly painted external workshop and laundry with adjacent orginal 2nd WC. A fabulous flagstone entertaining patio has a built-in wood fire BBQ. With the simple addition of outdoor seating and a few scatter cushions this is a fabulous space to relax with visitors.
Additional features to note are a single carport with a full length driveway offering extra off-street parking, thoughtful display shelving in the lounge room and an original 4 door argar oven with electric hotplates. Situated just a 3 minute drive from Wentworth village shops, cafes and train station, this mountain retreat offers immediate convenience too.
Summary of Features:
– Set back from the road with thoughtfully cultivated gardens to the fore
– Quaint and cosy layout filled with natural light and fresh light colour scheme
– Bedroom with surrounding picture windows and original built-in wardrobe
– Lounge with open fireplace; reverse cycle a/c unit; polished floors; ent. deck
– Flagstone entertaining patio with built-in BBQ and space for relaxed seating
– Well presented kitchen and retro suite bathroom offering immediate comfort
– Freshly painted separate workshop/laundry with adjacent original external WC
– Dual entry with gate to rear; 3 min drive to village shops, cafes & train links
- 1 bed
- 1 bath
- 1 Parking Spaces
- Land is 1,233 m²
- 2 Toilet
- Open Parking Spaces