‘Cherrywood’ is the remaining parcel of a once substantial holding on Kings Tableland, developed by the Hordern family from 1873 through to 1947. The property contains the remnants of the original ‘Cherrywood’ cottage and the original coach house.
Hidden from street view, this residence has a graceful entrance with electric security gate and a sweeping pebble driveway flanked by night lighting which leads up to the homestead.
The park-like gardens and expansive lawn are immaculately maintained and are serviced by an underground bore which is connected to a fully automated system which waters the entire garden and lawn.
This timeless character home offers an abundance of space, tranquility and privacy. With period high ceilings, numerous skylights and plenty of windows, interiors are bathed in natural light. Throughout the living areas and accommodation, each room enjoys generous proportions.
For those that love to entertain, this home will certainly surpass expectations. The deep wraparound verandahs can be enjoyed by all, whether it is finding a spot for quiet solitude or socialising on a grander scale.
There are 5 double bedrooms, main with ensuite, 2 full bathrooms, formal lounge/dining and family room, games room, and a light-filled country style gourmet kitchen.
There is European style hydronic heating throughout the house with a wood fireplace in the main lounge room.
The house also features a guest studio room with ensuite bathroom, a double garage with a large attached storage/workshop space, plus the original sandstone coach house.
Summary of Features:
– Electric entrance gate
– Bore water with fully automated watering system
– Restored & damp proofed original sandstone walls
Auto sub-floor ventilation
– Double garage with attached workshop plus separate Coach House
• Separate studio with ensuite bathroom
– Soaring period ceilings with 7 skylights throughout
– Formal & informal living areas
– Expansive farmhouse-style kitchen with glass display cabinets
– Entertainers delight with multiple indoor and outdoor relaxation/socialising areas
– Deep wraparound Queenslander-style verandah leading out to exquisite gardens
– 5 min stroll to Lincoln Rock & Little Switzerland Trail leading directly to The Falls
– 3.5 km drive to Wentworth Falls village shops, medical amenities & city train links
Our recommended loan broker: Hello Funding – Rebecca Rositano – email@example.com / 0433 846 786
- 6 bed
- 4 bath
- 2 Parking Spaces
- Land is 20,225 m²
- 2 Garage
- 2 Open Parking Spaces