Situated just moments from the ever popular Leura Mall and its boutique array of shops, this picture perfect mountain cottage offers an alluring blend of character, comfort and period charm. Situated in a peaceful pocket, within a pretty garden setting, this weatherboard charmer has been lovingly maintained and offers the relaxed sought after mountain lifestyle.
Original wood floors make a warming first impression on entry and are carried through to the open plan dining and kitchen area towards the rear. With timber panelled high ceilings, original sash windows and leadlight feature glass, this home truly embraces that rustic mountain feel. A central lounge room is warmed by a real flame look heater. In addition to this, gas bayonet options and reverse cycle air conditioning units have also been installed, ensuring that there is comfort throughout the changing seasons. Three well proportioned bedrooms branch off from the central living areas.
Moving through to the rear, an expansive and light-filled open plan dining and kitchen provides an enticing space for family and friends to gather within. Soft close drawers, gas cooktop and stainless steel appliances, a farmhouse sink and great bench space, make this the ideal space to work from when entertaining. Capturing views across the cottage garden, french patio doors also open out to a covered seating area.
A separate laundry leading through to a classic bathroom, with bathtub and overhead shower, completes the picture. All in all, this is a home that promotes a tranquil and relaxed lifestyle with many village amenities within an easy 500m stroll. It is perfect as a weekender or you may well choose to make it a permanent home to enjoy life in for years to come. Organising an inspection without delay would be a pertinent manoeuvre.
Summary of Features:
– Retained period features: timber panels, high ceilings, lead light & sash windows
– Entrance seating snug leading to lounge room with real flame look gas heating
– Three bedrooms, master with built-ins; carpets in bedrooms and lounge room
– Light and spacious open plan dining and kitchen through to laundry & bathroom
– Cottage style kitchen with gas cooktop, soft close drawers & butchers sink
– Gas bayonet heating options plus reverse cycle air conditioning wall units
– Pretty French doors out to rear covered verandah and level established garden
– Easy 500m stroll to Leura Mall; boutique shopping, cafes & city train links
- 2 bed
- 1 bath
- Land is 746 m²
- Open Parking Spaces