If you are looking for a relatively secluded location that still offers the practical convenience of being with easy walking or driving distance of Katoomba town centre then this is the perfect find. Offering an elevated perspective, this original 1920 period cottage is a unqiuely quaint find in a tightly held section of North Katoomba.
Set high on a generous 1122sqm parcel of land, the surrounding tiered gardens have been extensively cultivated over a twenty year period by the current owner. Filled with an array of unusual cold climate perennials, this garden is truly a horticultural delight and enjoys a profusion of alternating colourful foliage throughout the changing seasons of the year.
The home itself, has retained a substantial amount of its original features inside and out. A large store room is found at ground level and exterior steps take you up to the entry. With two bedrooms, a central living room, and a large farmhouse style kitchen and dining room this home offers a bijou lifestyle. A restored slow combustion real wood fire graces the kitchen along with gas cooktop facilities. A large picture window offers relaxed seating with garden views.
Moving through to the central living room, there is a real flame look gas fire adding to the cosy ambience. High ceilings and a feature brick fireplace have been retained. Both bedrooms enjoy surrounding windows that offer fabulous elevated views across the gardens and are bathed in a generous amount of natural light. With internal laundry facilties and a freshly upgraded subway tiled bathroom, this home offers immediate comfort.
This is definitely one to add to your priority viewing list with a footnote that this may well be the quiet achiever with exciting scope to further improve upon.
Summary of Features:
– 1920 2 bedroom original cottage, offering a verdant elevated perspective
– Upgraded kitchen and dining with gas cooking and picture window seating
– Subway tiled bathroom with over-tub shower; internal laundry facilties on entry
– Central living room with fan driven gas fire , high ceilings & natural light
– Master bedroom with surrounding windows; ultimate privacy & garden views
– Light-filled conservatory bedroom with built-ins; large under-house store room
– Established cold-climate perennial tiered gardens with unusual array of flora
– 1.9km to train & shops; easy access to public bus, local park & climbing gym
- 2 bed
- 1 bath
- Land is 1,122 m²
- Open Parking Spaces